COMODITY IMPORT AND EXPORT
COCOA AND COFFE BEANS ORGANIC
During the cocoa harvest year (October 1 to September 30, in Dominican Republic country), there are two main harvest seasons.
In the winter (between October and February), we cultivate 20 percent of our cocoa and in the summer (between March and June) the remaining 80 percent.
Tel: +44(0) 118 971 14010 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Climate in the Dominican Republic has always been favorable to us and to date, we have not been plagued by any serious threats such as the feared witches broom disease (Crinipellis perniciosa) which has severely damaged many other countries, crops. We work with three varieties of cocoa like Criollo, Forastero and particularly Trinitario. Nearly 89 percent of exported Dominican cocoa is designated for commercial purposes like Sanchez cocoa (unfermented Cocoa). The other 11 percent of Hispaniola cocoa (fermented cocoa) is considered the finest quality and is mostly successful in European markets. 8 % of this type is organically certified.